Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What Things?

Promise of the Day:
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

Prayer:
Lord, I have read this verse many times, in fact it is a verse I memorized as a child; yet for the first time, as I was reading it again I thought "what things?". What more can You give me? When one has the Kingdom of God within, what more can I want? You are my ALL Lord. You are my hearts desire! Throughout Your Word You are listed as so many things to me. To name a few: You are my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my strength, my shield. Psalm 18 adds buckler, my stay, and of course, 'My God'. I Peter says You are my Shepherd, and my bishop; and in Hebrews You are called My High Priest. What more can I ask for, Lord? You are everything to me, and I 'lift my hands' in praise to You. Amen

No comments: