Thursday, March 13, 2008

High Places

Promise:
The Lord God is my strength and He will make my feet like Hinds' Feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine High Places. (Habakkuk 3:19)

Prayer:
Lord, I love the allegory of "Hinds' Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard. This is a story of little 'Much Afraid' with her crippled feet and twisted body, who decides to follow the shepherd to the mountians, with his promise of giving her Hinds' Feet at the end of the journey. Once she has learned to embrace Sorrow and Suffering and accept them as her companions is she able to complete her journey. Of course the shepherd is always just a call away, and when the road was especially difficult he walked beside her and even carried her. By the time she reaches the top, she was made whole and is given hinds' feet to leap over the mountains, and also given a new name of Grace and Glory. The shepherd could have given her hinds' feet right away, but oh the special blessings she would have missed. So it is with my life Lord. Oh that You would make the difficulties go away with a snap of your fingers, but I have lessons to learn and lives to touch along the way. Through it all, You will sustain me, and I too will someday reach the 'high places' with hinds' feet, and a new name. Thank you, Shepherd. Amen

No comments: