Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crowns

Promise of the Day:
There is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. (II Tim. 4:8)

Prayer:
My Daily Lights reading for today, Lord, has several verses put together telling me about my treasures in Heaven, as well as a crown. As I look back on my life, I don't feel I even deserve a crown, but our verse says it is already laid up for me. Throughout Your Word, I have found several crowns listed:
1. The Crown of Righteousness (from our verse in II Tim. 4:8)
2. The Crown of Life (Rev. 2:10 and James 1:12)
3. The Crown of Glory (I Peter 5:4)
4. The Crown of Rejoicing (I Thess. 2:19)
These crowns are to be incorruptible, they will last forever! And these crowns are to be mine, only because of what You did for me on Calvary! I have done nothing to deserve them. You are so Good! You are the Life in me! You are my All and my Salvation! Holy Lord, You are my treasure and it is at Your feet where I will leave my heart and my crown. Amen

No comments: