Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Out of the Depths

Promise:
Out of the depths I have cried to you, O Lord. (Psa. 130:1)

Prayer:
O Lord, sometimes the night seems so long, the shadows deep. How often in years gone by I have been in the 'pit', and for several years I wallowed there. But then came the morning--night turned into day! A verse from a poem my mother wrote years ago covers this so well:

Out of the depths of sorrow,
The midnight of despair,
I cried unto thee, my Savior
And found thee waiting there.
Oh, joy in the midst of darkness,
Oh, peace I can not understand,
For He reaches the depths of my sorrow
And holds me by my hand.

You were just waiting for me to call to you, to cast my all on You and You picked me up and held me to Your cheek (Hosea 4:11-NIV study notes). Thank You for reaching the depths of my greatest needs, and restoring Your Joy once more. Amen

No comments: