Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sacrifice of Praise

Promise:
Let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually. (Hebrews 13:15)

Prayer:
Lord, the first time I noticed this expression I could not understand it. Praise should not be a sacrifice, or so I thought. I've been reading that You inhabit the praises of your people (Psa. 22:3). Some versions say You are "enthroned" upon our praises. Praise will even bring Your presence into a painful situation, honoring You.

Another Psalm, in 50:23, says "he who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so I may show him the salvation of God." When I am troubled, perplexed or sorrowing, I should praise You and thank You; then I will have joy in the midst of sorrow, joy in the midst of pain, singing in the darkness. Paul said he had troubles on every side, yet he was always rejoicing. So Lord, I give to you my "Sacrifice of Praise". Amen

No comments: