Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hebrews 12

Promise of the Day:
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)

Prayer:
Lord, I am overcome with emotion as I am reading Hebrews 12. The Israelites were so awed, so frightened by Your presence in vs. 19 and 20 that they begged You not to speak to them. In vs. 21, Moses was said to be terrified. But then, through Your 'grace', we see a new picture in vs. 22-24, with the multitude of angels, the 'Church', and all the redeemed from ages past--gathered around Jesus the mediator. You, Jesus, who shed Your blood which speaks of 'mercy' (vs. 24), rather than vengence as Abel's blood did in Gen. 4:10. What an amazing Grace! How can we reject such a great salvation? Vs. 28 states in the Amplified version: "offer to God pleasing service and acceptable worship, with modesty and pious care and godly fear and awe." I give You my worship--my 'sacrifice of praise', and my all! Amen

No comments: