Monday, March 17, 2008

My Creator

Promise of the Day:
By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded and it stood fast. (Psalm 33:6, 9)

Prayer:
"Where were you when the worlds were formed?" You asked Job in Job 38. "Who closed the sea doors and gave it boundaries?" It is You, O Lord, who made the seas, and even the dew drop. And how did You do this, make the worlds? It was by the 'breath of Your mouth!" You are Majesty, O Lord! You spoke and it happened!
When I consider all of this, Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, I say as David did in Psalm 8:4, 'What is man that You are mindful of him?' Then, Lord, I join with Job again and say as he did in Job 42, 'I did not understand. You are too wonderful!' Teach me, Lord. Open my ears and my eyes, that I might see you. You alone are my God and King and all the heavens declare Your Glory! Amen

No comments: