Sunday, March 16, 2008

Let Nature Sing!

Promise of the Day:
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. (Song of Solomon 2:12)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, Creator of All, if my ears could just be attuned I would hear all of creation praising You. It states in Job 38 that the stars make music. And in Psalm 96 it states: the heavens are glad, the earth rejoices; the sea roars, the field exults and the trees sing for joy. When the flowers come forth with new life, I know they are lifting their pretty heads to sing new songs to You. Our verse reminds me of the birds singing and making melody. Thank You for giving us such a beautifully colored, musical earth and sky. It is all just a little bit of heaven given to us now to share and enjoy. I will join all nature in singing and giving praises to You, my God! Amen

No comments: