Friday, March 21, 2008

Forsaken

Promise of the Day:
Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Matt. 27:45, 46)

Prayer:
The question is often asked 'do you think the Father actually forsook Jesus?' God's Word says He did. He did not lose control of the situation, all went according to His divine plan, but He did have to turn away leaving Jesus to die alone, so that I would not have to die alone. Jesus bore on Himself, in His body, the compresssion of all sin. Oh the agony of that moment! And He did this to give us, to give me, what it states in Romans 8:1: "there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."

 Oh, my Lord, the One whom my soul loves, You bore the curse for me so that I might be justified, just as if I had never sinned! 'For God loved me so much that He sent His only begotten son for me!' What Grace! What Amazing Grace! Amen

No comments: