Saturday, March 22, 2008

Agony and Triumph

Promise of the Day:
Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples,...tarry ye here, and watch with Me. (Matt. 26:36, 38)

Prayer:
O Lord, we can never know the agony of Gethsemane. Oswald Chambers says "it is the agony of God and Man in one, face to face with sin". Gethsemane was Satan's final onslaught against You as the Son of Man. It was here and at the Cross, God and sin clashed. The Cross of Christ is a triumph as You triumphed over sin, death and Satan. It is at the Cross I say with Paul "I am crucified with Christ." It is at the Cross I can say "I live, yet not I but You live within me." It is at the Cross I am humbled, knowing it is Your agony of Gethsemane and the Cross that is also Your triumph for saving the human race. Because of Your agony, I can now enter in to the very presence of the Father. Thank You for being triumphant for me! Amen

No comments: