Sunday, March 30, 2008

Isaiah 62

Promise of the Day:
You will also be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
(Isaiah 62:3)

Prayer:
Some awesome thoughts came to mind as I read Your Word, Lord. In my Old Testament reading for the day, in Isaiah 62 , verse 3, it says I will be a crown of beauty, and a royal diadem (which is headgear). And in verse 4, You say "my delight is in her" (I put my own name in as the 'her'), so You delight in 'Carol'. Now, Lord, I know these verses are speaking of Israel, but I believe it is not taking too much license to use them for myself, as I am a spiritual descendant of Abraham, and I am a child of the King. So here is what I have found in Isaiah 62 beginning with verse 2:
1. I will be given a new name, given to me by You (vs. 2)
2. I will be a 'crown of beauty' to You (vs. 3)
3. I will be as a royal diadem (headgear of royalty) (vs. 3)
4. You find delight in me (vs. 4)
5. And You will rejoice over me (vs. 5)
Wow! Lord. Thank You for loving me 'for Your sake.' (Isa. 43:25) Amen

No comments: