Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Winds

Promise of the Day:
The Lord brought an east wind upon the land all that day, and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind brought the locusts...Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste...And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; thee remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt. (Exodus 10:13, 16, 19)

Prayer:
Lord, in Scripture You often used the 'winds' for destruction, or for deliverance. I remember years ago when we were complaining about the strong winds, my father reminded us that without the wind we would have a dark cloud of pollution hanging over us. And so with Your stormy winds of affliction You sometimes send my way. As David said," before I was afflicted I went astray". Your 'winds' blow away pollution and help me to keep my eyes on You. The 'winds' literally sweep or blow away the enemy.
Though winds are wild,
And the gale unleashed,
My trusting heart still sings:
I know that they mean
No harm to me,
He rideth on their wings.
(author unknown)
Thank You, Lord, for your 'winds'. Amen

No comments: