Thursday, May 8, 2008

Faith in Him

Promise of the Day:
"...and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20b)

Prayer:
My Faith is weak, Lord. I am the first to admit this. But if I but lean on You and Your Faithfulness, then I know all is right. I may not see around the next bend, the way may be rocky, but You are faithful. If I will but go forth and step into the waters by faith, I know You will open the way. "I will not doubt though all my ships at sea come drifting home with broken masts and sails". It is not faith in my faith, dear Lord, but only Faith in You and Your Faithfulness. Phillips Brooks once said: Faith says not, "I see that it is good for me so God must have sent it," but, "God allowed it and so it must be good for me." I will trust in You and follow You. Amen

No comments: