Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He Goes With Me

Promise of the Day:
He answered and said, "Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." (Daniel 3:25)

Prayer:
You were with the three Israelites, Lord, in the midst of the fire. This is proof to me You will be with me in the midst of my fires. Sometimes already the fire has been a raging bonfire, others were small contained fires. Either way, You have been and will be there. The story in Daniel gives us a visual of Your presence. I must go forward on faith, but I know You are with me. It reminds me of the poem of "Footprints". When we see only one set of footprints, it is not that the fire was too hot and You left, but that You have been carrying me.
"The road is too rough," I said;
It is uphill all the way;
No flowers, but thorns instead;
And the skies over head are grey."
But One took my hand at the entrance dim,
And sweet is the road that I walk with Him.
(author unknown)
You are an awesome God! Amen

No comments: