Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why Me, Lord?

Promise of the Day:
Oh, that I had wings like a dove! Then I would fly away and be at rest.
(Psalm 55:6)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I know it rains on the good as well as the bad, so why do I always say 'why me, Lord?' Psalm 34:19 states You will deliver us out of (not from, but out of) all our afflictions, though the delivering may not be as we ask. The righteous suffer with illnesses, heartaches, poverty, just as the unrighteous, yet You can give me peace through it all. As David said "before I was afflicted I went astray", and sometimes this brings one back to You. The Word also states we suffer so we can help others who suffer, with the comfort You give us. Sometimes I feel I would just like to fly away as a bird, but then I would miss the blessings You have for me. I would miss the peace I receive from you through the dark of night, and I would miss the morning with its victory of life. So, instead of "why me" I will say, "Lord, why NOT me." Amen

1 comment:

Marjorie Vawter said...

I used this verse in my prayer journal today. :) Good ol' Daily Light. I had similar thoughts written down, too. Thanks.