Friday, May 16, 2008

God's Secrets

Promise of the Day:
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him. (Psalm 25:14)

Prayer:
What are Your secrets, Lord? I think there are several ways to look at this thought. A rose will give off the sweetest fragrance when it is crushed. A blow must be applied to the diamond stone, to show its beauty; and look at the creeping, crawling caterpillar. It becomes a beautiful butterfly only after struggling to come out of its cocoon. Then there was Joseph, sold as a slave, thrown into prison, yet in the end he became a 'king'. This shows how You look not on the outside, but much deeper, into the secret place for a hidden beauty. May I not miss You hand on my life, Lord. May I watch as You unfold the events of my life to teach me to be a vessel that is useful to You, a vessel being formed by the potters hand.
Not until each loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the pattern
And explain the reason why
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
For the pattern which He planned.
(anonymous)
Thank You Lord. I will trust You for the goodness in whatever You send my way, and trust You with the secrets. Amen

No comments: