Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Bride of Christ

Promise of the Day:
Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (Eph. 5:25-27)

Prayer:
Lord, You also refer to the Church as Your 'bride'. But I like to make it very personal--You are my beloved and I am yours. In the Song of Solomon it is "the one whom my soul loves". And how can I come to You as Your bride? How can I be pure enough? Clean enough? Righteous enough? Only through You who died for me. I am then clothed in Your righteousness, wearing the robe of salvation. You said to 'come' and You made me 'white as snow'. When the Father sees me as Your bride, He does not see the filthy wretch from the trash heap described in Ezek. 16, but a bride cleansed by the Lamb and made ready through faith in Jesus Christ. Then comes the morning! Here comes the bride! "The marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." (Rev. 19:7) Amen

No comments: