Friday, May 9, 2008

Are All the Children In?

Promise of the Day:
"Are these all the children?" (I Samuel 16:11)

Prayer:
"I wonder if when the shadows fall
On the last short, earthly day,
When we say good-bye to the world outside,
All tired with our childish play,
When we step into that Other Land
Where mother so long has been,
Will we hear her ask, just as of old,
'Are all the children in?' "
(Anonymous)
Lord, when I look around in heaven will I ask "are my children in?" "Are my grand children in? My sisters, are they here and their families? Are we all in, Lord?" Oh, I can only imagine what it will be like and pray that all of my dear loved ones will be with me. But, Lord, I know the first act when I arrive in heaven will be to fall on my knees before You and say "I am here, Lord! I am in!" Amen

No comments: