Friday, May 2, 2008

He Orders My Steps

Promise of the Day:
When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him. Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:7-9 NIV)

Prayer:
Lord, this verse brings to my mind an old saying: "while we are making our plans, life happens." Yes, the life which we live is ordered by You. In Psalm 37:23 it says "the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." You determine the way I take, and You can even use my failures and mistakes to work together and bring me to Your desired path. My steps may be taking me into a dark valley, or around a bend in the road, but I know You are there and I will be on the road ordered by You. So in spite of me and the plans that I make, You determine my steps. Thank You, Lord. Amen

No comments: