Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bless through Generations

Promise of the Day:
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. (John 17:9-11 NIV)

Prayer:
Lord, in this passage I believe You have included me in this prayer. In the same way, Lord, will my prayers be carried down to future generations? Did I have an ancestor caring enough years ago to have prayed for me as part of their future? I have missed my mothers prayers, yet I feel they have remained as interceding for me these past 30 years. And so, just as You prayed for me in the garden of Gethsemane, Lord, I feel that You accept my prayers for my children and their children, and the generations to come. I will not fear for their future, as I have placed them in Your loving care. Thank You for praying for me, and that I am Your child. Amen

No comments: