Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Special Day

Promise of the Day:
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her. (Prov. 31:27, 28 NIV)

Prayer:
Good morning, Lord! Thank You for Your care through the night. You watch over your children as a mother watches over her children. The above verse was read at my mother's funeral years ago, and I would like to think it could be said of me some day. I did so love having my children at home with me, but the years were gone so soon. Even the grandchildren are grown young women now. What a 'circle of life' we have. Someday even I will be just a memory, though I pray I will be a blessed memory. I thank you for the blessed memory of my own dear mother, and thank You for this special day to give tribute to our mothers. Amen

No comments: