Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Step By Step

Promise of the Day:
"...Go forth from your country...to the land which I will show you;
...And I will bless you, and make your name great;...
So Abram went forth as the Lord had spoken to him..." (Gen. 12:1,2,4)

Prayer:
Lord, when I read of Abraham's life, it was a life of learning patience and trusting You, step by step. My life has certainly been one of learning patience--but I wonder, have I learned? And trusting--I am just now learning that secret. But this one thing I have learned, that if I keep my focus on You, Lord, look full in Your wonderful face; lean heavily on You my ever faithful friend, then I have nothing to fear. Life is a series of lessons in trust, but I pray that when this life is over I can look back and say (as perhaps Abraham did) You led me all the way, Step by Step. Amen

No comments: