Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prayer

Promise of the Day:
We know not what we should pray for as we ought. (Romans 8:26)

Prayer:
How very true these words are, Lord. I have often thought of them when my heart is too overwhelmed to pray, or too confused, but these verses also remind me that I really do not know how to pray. For example, I have prayed to be changed, or become more Christ-like, and then I wonder at the molding, the melting and the refining fires. But I prayed, so You are working. This passage in Romans 8 goes on in verse 28 to say 'we know all things work together for the good of those who love God...according to His purpose.' So, we may pray for something, but You are the one who works it out; maybe not the way I wanted it, but the way You know it is best for me. It is then I will feel You carry me, I will begin to see Your face and hear Your voice telling me to go to the right or left. It is then I will find Your Peace that passeth all understanding. You know my thoughts; You know my needs; and You do all things well. Thank You, Father, for hearing my prayer and working in me for my good. Amen

No comments: