Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reach Higher

Promise of the Day:
Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraint. (Proverbs 29:18)

Prayer:
Oswald Chambers states there is a difference between an ideal and a vision. An ideal has not moral inspiration; a vision has.
Dear Lord, I think I have lived 50 or more years with only an ideal. I never had the 'vision'. I never really SAW You; but then one day my eyes were opened and I saw Your nail scarred hands and feet. I saw You look at me with love and sorrow--and I could only fall before You and cry 'oh woe is me!" When once we see You, Lord, as Paul did on the road to Damascus, or Isaiah, or Moses at the bush, then we must reach and keep reaching higher, desiring more. Give me more of You Lord, fill my cup! I desire only You! Amen

No comments: