Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When Jesus Says "Come"

Promise of the Day:
And He said "Come". When Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, 'Lord, save me!' (Matt. 14:29,30)

Prayer:
Lord, the problem that I see here with Peter, as with myself, it was not that he lacked faith, but he removed his eyes from You. When we look away from You, and see the waves and winds of the world, then we falter and even fall. If You tell me to "come" then I must not look away from you for a moment. I have no business looking at the storms of life around me. When You have said to 'come' You will not let me go. Your Word has promised that 'He who has begun a good work in you shall perform it until the day of Christ Jesus.' (Phil 1:6) I will keep my eyes on You! Amen

No comments: