Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More on The Way of Praise

Promise of the Day:
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name. (Psalm 63:3,4)

Prayer:
I am learning more and more about praise and prayer, Lord. Peter tells us to bring You our prayers and requests--with Thanksgiving. Many of the Psalms begin with a Praise, then the psalmists' heart cry is poured out to You, followed by Praise again. Praise is as important as making our requests to You. In Psalm 22 I am reminded that You are 'enthroned' in the Praises of Your people. In II Chron. 20, Jehoshaphat praised You, then prayed about his urgent problem of pending battle, then praised again. And You responded that the battle was not theirs, but Yours. So our battles, whether it be illness, taxes, politics, financial, they are not ours, but Yours. Praise God, You are in control!
Amen

No comments: