Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prayer Without Words

Promise of the Day:
Pray without ceasing. (I Thessalonians 5:17)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I find that prayer is the linking up of the soul and mind and heart to God and You say we should 'pray without ceasing'. I feel this means my heart is always open to You, always attuned to hearing Your guidance. This may be a poor analogy, Lord, but I think of it as having an intercom on in a baby's room, or a sick person's room. The slightest movement is heard, the softest whimper is picked up and the caregiver is there. No verbal requests need be made, but the knowledge of 'all is well' is a comfort. I am always aware You are at the other end of my intercom. Thank You Lord. May my 'intercom' be always working! Amen

1 comment:

daughterofbetty said...

You have touched my heart today.
Thank you, dear friend!
We have some wonderful news and I wanted to share it with you here.
Lisa has a man of God in her life that wants her to share his life with him. We have met him and are thankful to God for him. More to come!