Monday, July 21, 2008

Sweet Holy Spirit

Promise of the Day:
"...the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

Prayer:
How can I describe the Sweet Holy Spirit within me? He is like another Jesus; He is the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of the Father; so in essence I do have the fullness of God within me. He gives me power and light, peace and comfort. He gives me joy in the midst of sorrow, riches when I am poor. Just as a breeze carries the sweet fragrance of perfume or flower, so the Spirit flows through me as love, joy, peace, goodness, righteousness wafting its way to others. Frederick Faber was one who had a blazing love for the Holy Spirit, and he wrote:
O Spirit, beautiful and dread!
My heart is fit to break
With love of all Thy tenderness
For us poor sinners' sake.
O Sweet Spirit, fall on me today. Mold me, melt me, use me that Your fragrance will flow through me. Amen

No comments: