Tuesday, July 8, 2008

He Supplies

Promise of the Day:
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

Prayer:
O Lord, I have often read this verse and think of how You supply my material needs--according to Your riches. Today as I read it, I see it as much more personal. You supply what I need for me personally at any given moment, whether it be a friend, a teacher, a confidante; and the need may change every hour. You are flexible to change my supply as my needs change. One day I may need more love; the next day I may need to be more loving. One day I may need compassion; the next day I may need to be more compassionate. And so, I see You Lord, as truly supplying all of my needs. And in each of these circumstances I see You, my God. I see You as my God-Friend, my God-Leader, my God-Savior, my God-Shepherd, my God-Teacher, my God-Healer. To God be the Glory for all You do for me! Amen

No comments: