Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Lord's Supper

Promise of the Day:
...The Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of me.
(I Cor. 11:23-24)

Prayer:
It was Your blessed hands, it was Your precious feet where the nails were, and Your body that was broken for me! The analogy You use, Lord, of eating the bread depicting Your body, and drinking the wine to depict your blood which was shed, is the best there is to show how You must become one with me through and through. As food breaks down and flows through me to give nourishment, so it must be as I take You to become my life. It is the new way You opened through Your death. I must feed on You, on Your Word, that then You give me quickening life. This is what the Lord's supper means to me...to remember that it is Your life in me. Amen

No comments: