Monday, July 7, 2008

Beware of Another Gospel

Promise of the Day:
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. (Gal. 1:8)

Prayer:
Yes, Lord, we must beware of any other gospel. The best way is to find out what they preach about You, Jesus, and what they do with the Cross. You are the only true way. Thank You for giving me the armor of God, the shield of faith, the Sword of the Spirit. Without the Sword, Your Word, I would have no weapon, but as David says is Psalm 119, it is through your words I get understanding. Your words are sweet to the taste of my soul. Upon Your Word I will meditate; it is light to my path and peace to my soul and my weapon of discernment. I have heard that 'In order to detect counterfeits, we must be saturated in the Truth.' Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom (Col. 3:16). Amen

No comments: