Friday, July 18, 2008

Trials

Promise of the Day:
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,...But rejoice, in as much as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings. (I Peter 4:12)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I remember this verse so well. When I was young and would complain or cry about some problem, my mother would quote this verse. Another one she often quoted was I Cor 10:13 which states that "there is no testing taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful...and will make a way to escape..." You are always there, and You will see me through it! Since then I have learned other verses such as James 1: 3, 4 & 5. In the Phillips translation it is worded that we are to think of these trials as friends, and that if I lack wisdom in dealing with the trial, You will give me that wisdom, as well as the patience and endurance to handle it. Job knew his trials would help him grow as he said in Job 23:10 'when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.' So I pray for Your help and peace and Joy as I take each trial to be my friend, and embrace it as allowed by You. Amen

No comments: