Monday, June 30, 2008

My Soul Thirsts for You

Promise of the Day:
Jesus answered and said unto her, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
(John 4:13-14 KJV)

Prayer:
"As the hart panteth after the waterbrooks, so my soul panteth for You, O Lord." (Psalm 42:1) You have said 'Come to the water'. I come, Lord, I am drawn by this great need of my thirst for You. Fill my cup to overflowing with You, Lord, so that I drink from the saucer. A.W.Tozer has written "I thirst to be made more thirsty still." Your water of life quenches my thirst yet I cry out for more--I want more of You, dear Lord.
"...We drink of thee, the Fountainhead
And thirst our souls from thee
to fill." (St. Bernard)
Just give me Jesus. Amen

No comments: