Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cleanse Me

Promise of the Day:
Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalm 139:23,24 KJV)

Prayer:
O Lord, You whose eyes search the heart, first cleanse me, I pray! Psalm 51:7a states "cleanse me...and I will be clean." The NIV explanation is "un-sin me". The last part of this same verse says "wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." A snowflake has a minute particle of dirt in the center, so I must be made 'whiter than snow'. Verse 2 states "wash away all my iniquity" so that I will then be clean in Your sight. Cleanse ALL of me, Lord. Psa 51 verse 10 then asks You to 'Create in me a clean heart...'. NOW, O God, You can search me, NOW You will see me as Jesus, You will see me as pure, clean and righteous. Amen

No comments: