Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sorrow to Joy

Promise of the Day:
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
(I Thess. 4:13)

Prayer:
Lord, I love the song written by the Gaithers "Then Came the Morning." It is about the night after Jesus death, but reminds me of nights I have sat with a sick or dying loved one; but then comes the morning! Night turns into Day!
"Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning." Even if that day ushers our loved one into Your presence, it will be a blessed time to know they are with You. Truly our sorrow is not a sorrow of despair, as the world sorrows. There is always that blessed hope of the new day dawning, the confident expectations of the morning! Thank You, Jesus. Amen

No comments: