Thursday, June 12, 2008

He Heals the Wounds

Promise of the Day:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives,...to set at liberty them that are bruised." (Luke 4:18)

Prayer:
These words of our promise today were written first in Isaiah 61. This no doubt is the portion of Scripture Jesus was reading from when he was in the Synagogue in Luke 4, and it had been written about Him. Yet so few saw the connection. He came to heal, not so much the physical, but the spiritual. He came to set man free from the bond of sin.
O Lord, If I will but seek You first, I will find healing, peace and joy. I will find rest for the soul. You have said Your kingdom is within me, and I am to set my heart and mind continually on You and things above. I kneel before You Lord, and I lift my hands in praise to You! Amen

No comments: