Monday, June 2, 2008

You Fill Me, Lord

Promise of the Day:
The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup.
(Psalm 16:5)

Prayer:
The Daily Light reading for today was such a blessing to me Lord. Several thoughts just truly filled my cup to overflowing. The first verse that stood out is from Numbers 18:20. You are my inheritance! You are the one I long to see when I get to Heaven. In Psalm 73:25 & 26 it says You are my desire! Even though my body is getting older, yet you make my inner life stronger.
A favorite part of Scripture for many is found in Psalm 23:4 "yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear...". I do not fear death, Lord, as it is only a shadow. You are the light and stand between myself and death. I only pass through the shadow. Such a comfort! The last verse that touched my heart was from Psalm 63:1. I seek You daily for my refreshment, Lord. My soul is hungry and thirsty for You. I long to be with You forever and ever. Just give me more of You! Amen

No comments: