Thursday, June 26, 2008

Friend of the Small Things

Promise of the Day:
"For who hath despised the day of small things?" (Zechariah 4:10)

Prayer:
Lord, You have promised to never leave me or forsake me. This means You are not only with me when important things happen, when I need protection for a long journey, or when You help me do a great fete; but this means You are with me even with the small things. You are with me on days of drudgery when I do no more than wash the clothes or clean the floors. You are with me when there is no vision, and with me even on a trip to the grocery store. You are with me when there is no hill of difficulty facing me, nothing spectacular happening, just small ordinary, everyday things. You are my companion and friend, and with me always. Therefore I will praise You and sing in the 'small things' and on ordinary days. Amen

No comments: