Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Worm to a Butterfly

Promise of the Day:
Put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and
...put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:22-24)

Prayer:
For years, Lord, I prayed to be changed into a 'butterfly'. In these verses it shows that my 'new man', created by You is righteous and holy. In Isaiah 61:10 it says "(You) clothed me with garments of salvation, (You) have wrapped me with a robe of righteousness...as a bride adorned with her jewels." I am already a butterfly, Lord! You have made me beautiful in Your sight! I am that 'new creation'. My soul is a new creation, soon my body will be new and glorified as I will be like You, and then You will even give me a new name. What more could I need to be a 'butterfly'?
"Like developing butterflies, we are to shed the cocoon
of our sinful nature that we might
emerge into the beauty of Christ." (unknown)
Thank You, Lord. Amen

No comments: