Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Romans 8:28

Promise of the Day
We are assured and know that God being a partner in their labor, all things work together and are fitting into a plan for good to and for those who love God and are called according to His design and purpose. (Romans 8:28 Amplified)

Prayer:
One of Ruth Myers favorite verses to paraphrase, in her little book on 'Thirty-One Days of Praise' is Romans 8:28. Lord, I am going to once again use her words as my prayer today: "Father, I'm so delighted that You are both loving and sovereign, and that You cause all things to work together for good to those who love You, to those who are called according to Your purpose. So I thank You for each disturbing or humbling situation in my life, for each breaking or cleansing process You are allowing, for each problem or hindrance, for each thing that triggers in me anxiety or anger or pain. And I thank You in advance for each disappointment, each demanding duty, each pressure, each interruption that may arise in the coming hours and days." And I would like to add, Lord, from James 1:4 from the Phillips translation, that I will not think of these trials as intruders, but I will welcome them as friends.
I thank You for the bitter things
They've been a friend to grace,
They've driven me from the paths of ease
To storm the secret place.
(F.W.Willett)
Amen

No comments: