Saturday, April 26, 2008

A-Wearying for Jesus

Promise of the Day:
I do not count the sufferings of our present life worthy of mention when compared with the glory that is to be revealed and bestowed upon us. (Romans 8:18)


Prayer:
"We shall see His lovely face, some bright golden morning!" O what a wonderful day when I shall behold You face-to-face, my beloved Jesus. It will then have been worth it all, each trial will seem as nothing when I see Your face! One glimpse and earth will be forgotten!

Just a-wearying for you,
Jesus, Lord, beloved and true;
Wishing for you, wondering when
You'll be coming back again,
Under all I say and do,
Just a-wearying for you. (author unknown)

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. "Retired" has taken on new meaning since I became that a couple of years ago. I certainly doesn't mean not busy! But I thank the Lord that I'm still able to serve Him, though now in my 70th year.

If you enjoy reading about the origin of our hymns and gospel songs, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.