Wednesday, April 23, 2008

God is My Salvation

Promise of the Day:
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.
(Psalm 46:1,2 NIV)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, You are truly my refuge. When I am close to You I have nothing to fear. You cover me with Your 'feathers' and hold me up with Your 'everlasting arms'. I will rise upon 'eagles wings', and I will run and not grow weary or faint from trials that beset me (Isa. 40:31). You are a light to my path. In Prov. 4:18 it states "the path of the just is as the shining light". . .until I reach You. From a poem by James Montgomery:
"God is my strong salvation;
What foe have I to fear?
In darkness and temptation
My light, my help is near.
Though hosts encamp around me,
Firm in the fight I stand;
What terror can confound me,
With God at my right hand?"
Thank You for being my Strength, my Refuge, and My Salvation! Amen

No comments: