Thursday, April 3, 2008

To Endure Temptation

Promise of the Day:
When the tempter came to Jesus, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread," (the lust of the flesh). But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' " The devil...showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory (the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life). Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan!." (Matt. 4:3-4, 8-10)

Prayer:
Jesus, it is so good to be reminded that when You lived on this earth, You walked among men as a man; You were tempted by the sights and sounds and desires just as we are, yet You stood firm. You used Your Word by quoting scripture, to drive Satan away! Your Word is as sharp as a two-edged sword. We are to resist the devil, and what better way than by quoting from Your Word. I have experienced these temptations,( the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye and pride of life,) and I have failed because I walked away from Your Word and took my gaze off You. You forgave me, and now I wrap myself in You, hide Your Word in my heart, abide in the shadow of Your wings. I trust that I will be as it states in James 1:12: "Blessed is the man (woman) who endures temptation." Amen

No comments: