Sunday, November 2, 2008

Victory in Conquest

Promise of the Day:
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (I Corinthians 15:57)

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I thank You that You do not compare me with a Moses, or a David, or even a Queen Esther. These were all people used by You, and they conquered because they depended on You. You are not a respecter of persons. I have never been 'great' as they were (one brought up in a palace, one a king, one a queen), yet You have promised I will have victory through You, too. You are the same Lord that gave Esther wisdom, You are the same Lord that led Deborah the prophetess to victory; You are the same Lord that gave Rahab faith to protect the spies and save her family. I may have different situations than they, but You are the same Lord and will give me the victory, just as You did for them. Praise Your Holy name! Amen

No comments: