Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God of the Valley

Promise of the Day:
Thus says the Lord: "Because the Syrians have said, 'The Lord is God of the hills, but He is not God of the valleys,' therefore I will deliver all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the Lord."
(I Kings 20:28)

Prayer:
Lord,
I know You are the God of the Valleys because You have promised to walk with me through the Valley. It is in the Valley that I learn to be strong, I learn to stay close to You and You uphold me with Your powerful right hand. It is in the Valley where I drink deeply from You and Your Word, and then when I reach the mountain tops I can dance with 'hinds feet' on the high places. I am not afraid of the dark Valley Lord, it leads me to You.
Thank You for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow!
(By Jane Eggleston)
Thank you that you walk with me through the valleys. Amen

No comments: