Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Good Woman

Promise of the Day:
The steps of a good (woman) are ordered by the Lord: and (she) delighteth in (her) way. Though (she) fall, (she) shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth (her) with His hand. (Psalm 37:23,24)

Prayer:
Lord,
Now and then I like to change the pronoun in a verse to the female gender. It makes it more personal for me. In these verses I put myself down as a "good woman". Not from anything I have done, but because of Your great mercy and forgiveness. You have cleansed me and made me whole, and You guide my steps. Now and again through this life I have tripped and stumbled, but never totally been cast down. Skinned up and bruised maybe, but Your hand has held me, caught me, raised me up and healed me. You hold me up with Your strong right arm. You lead me step by step and I delight in Your way. Amen

No comments: