Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pressed For God

Promise of the Day:
Pressed out of measure. (II Corinthians 1:8)
That the power of Christ may rest upon me. (II Corinthians 12:9)

Prayer:
Lord, as I see it, to press something is to put weight or heat or both in order to smooth the wrinkles. Jacob had God's hand pressed physically on his hip, and he became a changed man. He now knew his God! I think of the lives of missionaries I read about: Isabel Kuhn with "In the Arena", and Dr. Glover in "A Thousand Miles of Miracle". They had total pressure, yet at every turn they found Your Grace to be sufficient. When You are by my side, no pressure is too great if it brings me to a victorious life. Paul learned to be content in any situation after 'being pressed out of measure.' Being pressed is when I will experience the power of Christ, and in the end I will be victorious. Amen

No comments: