Thursday, November 13, 2008

This Poor Man

Promise of the Day:
"This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles." (Psalm 34:6)

Prayer:
My Lord,
You always hear Your children, but I would say You are apt to hear the one 'poor in Spirit' most readily. You have said "blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." In this verse for today, I have always pictured this 'poor man' as some wretched soul in great difficulty, and it may be; but as I ponder it I wonder if it could be the one 'poor in spirit', the one who is humble before You, Lord. The one realizing in himself he is and has nothing, yet in You he has everything. Also, You save 'out of all his troubles', not from the troubles. You are with me and will always go with me through it all. "I cry unto You my Savior and find You waiting there.' Amen

No comments: