Friday, November 14, 2008

His Work

Promise of the Day:
These were the potters,
and those that dwelt among plants and hedges:
there they dwelt with the king for his work.
(I Chronicles 4:23)

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I will never write a great poem, or a score for a song. I may never stand before an audience to speak Your Word, even through singing again, but just a cup of cold water may be all that You require of me. So, Lord, wherever You place me, if it is just where You want me, I will be content to serve You. It may be caring for my home, helping a neighbor, working in the garden I will do the best I know how for Your glory. What I am trying to say, dear Lord, has been best stated by Kenelm Digby:
"The most saintly spirits are often existing in those who have never distinguished themselves as authors, or let any memorial of themselves to be the theme of the world's talk; but who have led an interior angelic life, having borne their sweet blossoms unseen like the young lily in a sequestered vale on the bank of a limpid stream."
Whatever you have given me to do, no matter how humble, it is "Your Work" and I love You. Amen

No comments: