Monday, November 24, 2008

My Potentate

Promise of the Day:
He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
(Eph. 1:20, 21)

Prayer:
Who is Man, Lord, that You are mindful of him? You are so great, so awesome! In I Kings 8 Solomon states the heavens cannot contain You, yet I am in awe that You say You dwell within me. You were here before the beginning of time, You made the world, the stars and the planets, yet You care for the little sparrow that drops to the ground. You are Majesty of all, the highest and only potentate, yet You care for me. You are pure and holy yet You love me in my filth and rags, and cover me in Your righteousness. You are everything to me, dear lover of my soul. Amen

No comments: